Basics of Cardiopulmonary Physical TherapyBy Rajni Malik
- Book Description
- Book Details
- Continues to be one of the standard medical textbooks consulted throug hout the world
- Provides fundamental treatment about many practical and theoretical concepts that form the basis of cardiopulmonary physical therapy and has been designed for easy but thorough treatment of vital material
- Consists of detailed and comprehensive text
- Section 1 provides an introduction to cardiopulmonary physical therapy, and explains the physiology of cardiopulmonary and respiratory system
- Section 2 introduces cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, its goals, benefits and our response to exercise
- Section 3 provides extensive coverage of the most common respiratory disease and their assessments. It also explains the care of patients in intensive care unit
- Section 4 provides assessment of cardiovascular disease and also explains the most common disease related to cardiovascular system.
- Chapter 12 provides the basics of mechanical ventilation, how to use, its types and what is the role of physiotherapist when patient is on the ventilator.
- Chapter 13 provides the use of humidifiers and aerosol therapy in patients with respiratory disease.
- Chapter 14 provides details of gas therapy, that is oxygen delivery to patient, the devices we can use.
- Chapter 15 provides knowledge about how we can take care of patients with natural or artificial airway by the means of physiotherapy and explains the various airway clearance techniques
Useful for undergraduates and postgraduates, practicing in clinic and hospital setting and initiates the newcomer to cardiopulmonary physical therapy, one of the fastest growing fields in the physiotherapy.
15.875 x 24.13 cm